Reading levels for health information are recommended to be between 6th and 8th grade when measured using the SMOG Readability Index. CDC Guidelines state that written resources should be developed with these goals:
- Give the most important information first
- Limit the number of messages
- Tell audiences what they need to do
- Tell your audience what they will gain from understanding and using the material
- Choose your words carefully
All of our parent resources were developed with these goals in mind and contain reading levels calculated using the SMOG Readability Index. You can find them in the "Specification" information for each product.
Questions? We are happy to discuss reading levels or assist you in choosing the resources that work best for your clients. Contact us