The Ways Women Give Birth
The birth of a baby is an important and unique experience for each mother. Women have many choices when it comes to their birth experience. This infographic provides an overview of the most current birth trends in the U.S. and it can be used as a discussion tool for parents and care providers and/or in childbirth classes.
Sources and Resources
- Declercq ER, Sakala C, Corry MP, Applebaum S, Herrlich A. Listening to MothersSM III: Pregnancy and Birth. New York: Childbirth Connection, May 2013.
- Martin JA, Hamilton BE, Osterman MJK, et al. Births: Final data for 2013. National vital statistics reports; vol 64 no 1. Hyattsville, MD: National Center for Health Statistics. 2015.
- Childbirth Connection at childbirthconnection.org
- Coalition for Improving Maternity Services at motherfriendly.org
- Evidence Based Birth at evidencebasedbirth.com
Copyright 2016 © All Rights Reserved
Plumtree Baby, LLC